Leather Care and Maintenance Tips
To ensure the optimum life of your Hoi An Soul Leather product there are several care and maintenance pointers we would like to share with you.
HOW TO CLEAN:
- Do a quick cleaning every other day, gently sweeping your leather bag with a soft, dry, or slightly damp cloth.
- If your leather accessory does get wet, do not dry in direct sunlight or use items like hair or hand dryer as this level of heat is too intense and can possibly cause the leather to prematurely dry and crack. We suggest leaving the item to dry in a well-ventilated area.
- Every leather good order from Hoi An Soul Leather Shop will carefully pack with a small bottle of leather lotion. Ideally, clean and condition the product at least once every 2-3 months with a leather lotion that we provide for you.
HOW TO CONDITION LEATHER:
- Before you begin, gently clean out any dust and dirt on the leather surface with a dry cloth.
- Place a thin layer of lotion on a soft, clean, lint-free cloth (not directly onto the leather).
- Apply with a circular motion over a complete section of the leather.
- After applying the conditioner, buff the surface with a soft, dry, white cloth.
- Allow the leather to air dry before use.
HOW TO STORE:
- Leather products should be stored in dry, cool places. In climates where exposure to high humidity is unavoidable, any leather products will develop mold which can cause your leather product to deteriorate if not regularly cared for properly.
- When not in use, insert rolled-up clean paper or cushion in your bag to maintain its shape.
- Store products in the included Hoi An Soul Leather dust bag in a dry, clean place away from moisture and variations of heat or cold. If at all practical, air the bag once a week to avoid mold growth.